Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Just Jones Interiors, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Just Jones Interiors is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you use our services, or
How we use your data
Just Jones Interiors uses your personal data:
– for legitimate business reasons to provide goods and services to you;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your implicit agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable Just Jones interiors to manage customer service interactions with you through electronic communication channels.
Just Jones Interiors Promotional Communications
Just Jones Interiors uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your explicit consent).
Just Jones Interiors aims to update you about products which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
2. contacting Just Jones Interiors via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing data with third parties
– Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners such as delivery companies (when applicable) and IT third parties (such as payment processing providers).
Just Jones Interiors only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Just Jones Interiors and to you, and for no other purposes.
– Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Just Jones
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Legally, different retention periods apply for different types of data. The longest we will normally hold any personal data, once any legitimate business activity has stopped, is 6 years.
What Personal Data Will We Collect:
Just Jones interiors may collect the following information from you:
In the showroom
-Your full name and contact details. When applicable this includes your postal address (billing and/or delivery), contact number, and email address.
Purchases and orders made by you; (Order history and invoice details are stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised personnel)
Your full name, contact details (including telephone number and email address), order history and IP address.
purchases and orders made by you
Your online browsing history on www. justjonesinteriors.co.uk
Your communication and marketing preferences;
We store no financial data, such as payment card details. These are handled by our payment processing provider
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Just Jones interiors and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
– Your email address is collected if you subscribe to our newsletter (you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the email, after which your email will not be stored). Or by contacting us directly at email@example.com
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or purchasing activity.
What you can do to help protect your data
Just Jones Interiors sends invoices from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the email or invoice looks suspicious or you are unfamiliar please contact us on 01323 847001.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
– (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us via
Legal basis for collecting data
Just Jones Interiors collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Just Jones Interiors including:-
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers, and explicitly consented to do so
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– managing insurance claims by customers;
– protecting Just Jones Interiors, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Just Jones Interiors;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Just Jones Interiors; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
All of these web pages use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place on your computer or mobile device if you agree. These cookies allow it to distinguish you from other users of the website, which helps provide you with a good experience when you browse the website and provide Just Jones Interiors data about how the site is used, to improve its design and your experience.
The following types of cookies are used:
Strictly necessary cookies – these are essential in to enable you to move around the websites and use their features. Without these
Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often. This information is used to improve a website and to investigate any browsing problems raised by visitors. These cookies may collect information that identifies a visitor.
Functionality cookies – these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide more personal features. For instance, a functional cookie can be used to remember the volume level you prefer to use when watching videos on a website. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
If you have any questions about how Just Jones Interiors uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
– phone us
– e-mail us
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.